The Turkish Investor Program is a Turkey citizenship application that allows you, through investing in Turkish real estate, to obtain a Turkish Passport with the right to live, work and also enjoy easy access to Schengen countries. So, we responded to the 5 most commonly asked questions about application for Turkey’s citizenship process 2019.
Q: How is the process of applying for citizenship functioning in Turkey?
When you purchase property with a gross value of at least $250,000, you can apply to the Tapu Office (General Directorate of Land Registry and Cadaster) and register for Turkish Citizenship.
Firstly, the request goes to the Ministry of Environment and Urbanization, whose evaluators test and confirm the property’s value. The Ministry then puts a notice on the Tapu (title deed) stating that for three years you may not sell it.
They then forward your application to the General Directorate of Population and Citizenship Affairs and you can later register and collect your Turkish passport and ID card.
Q: Can my family have Turkish Passports too?
Yes. You, your wife or husband and also your children under the age of 18 (on the date of application) can have citizenship.
Q: Should I buy just one property for above $250,000 or can I buy multiple properties?
You can purchase either just one property or several properties that are worth more than $250,000 in total, but note that you need to apply for your citizenship for all at the exact time. Only if the reported values are above $250,000 the Tapu office accept applications for citizenship.
Q: What is the Ministry of Environment and Urbanization’s responsibility?
The ministry checks with sworn appraisers that the amount declared on the Title Deed is right and above $250,000. Because of that, you should pay the property value to the Property Sellers by bank transfer.
Q: What are the processes and expenses to apply for in 2019?
Procedures, the fees and expenses for citizenship are in below.
Process of Turkey Citizenship Application
According to this;
- Firstly, the charge for the Title Deed varies depending on the purchase price of the immovable property. The parties, the buyer and the seller, must pay 1.5% of the immovable value before 31.12.2019.
2. After the purchase of the immovable, you should apply for the conformity certificate.
3. Also, the certificate of compliance should be sent within 15 days to the client.
4. 256 TL + 85 TL residency fee and 80 USD visa fee will be charged after receiving the Certificate of Conformity. (If entry to Turkey was during the month that referenced 80 USD is not paid)
5. Short-term requests for residency are made after the applicant pays the relevant charges and the fee for citizens also is 15 TL per person.
6. Furthermore, to register for a residence permit, which varies depending on the insurance companies, it is mandatory to have a health insurance, but an average fee of 300-350 TL will be charged.
A notarized passport translation, prepared by a sworn translator is necessary for each applicant (i.e., spouse / children) for Turkey citizenship application.
7. A notarized passport translation, prepared by a sworn translator is necessary for each applicant (i.e., spouse / children) when applying for citizenship. Besides, roughly 200 TL per document are the expenses to be charged, including translation fees and notary authorization.
8. The notarized transcription of the marriage certificate with APOSTILE will cost 200 TL if the applicant is married.
9. The notarized translation of birth certificates with APOSTILE costs around 200 TL per report if there are children.
10. To benefit from the lawyer service during the purchase of the immovable property, the client must grant the attorney a Power of Attorney, provided by an authorized notary, and a sworn translator service is also required. The fees for attorneys and interpreters are about 350-400 TL.
For example, if one person wants to get citizenship with a $250,000 investment, the title deed + revolving fund is around 23,000 TL.
Approximately for other expenses, 1750-2000 TL will be needed. However, interpreter charges are the cost items that will vary here.
So, there will be about 500 TL for transportation, communication etc. expenses.
Also, if you wonder the advantages of investing in Turkey, you can visit the post of ours: https://www.listingturkey.com/what-are-the-advantages-of-investment-in-turkeys-real-estate/